"You by my side makes life's normal obstacles, hurdles and mountains seem like speed bumps and ant hills." -K

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Crock pot Beer Chicken

I am so anxious to get this post finished with and published. The recipe I'm about to share with you is by far one of my favorite things I've cooked and I must say, it's finger lickin' good!!

I am a tad bit addicted to Pinterest and finding new things to make, new ways to organize and new recipes to try. Today, I was looking forward to the recipe I found for crock pot beer chicken. At first glance, I had all the ingredients that it called for but when it came time to putting them into the crock pot, I realized I didn't. That's when I had to be creative. I set out to try a recipe I found on Pinterest and instead created my own recipe and my goodness is it delicious! The flavor in the chicken was amazing and it was probably the most tender, fall apart chicken I've ever made.

Ingredients:
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 can of your favorite beer
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon pepper rub

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook for 6-7 hours. Yup, that's it!

Easy enough, right? For the specific ingredients I used, the total calories for 1 chicken breast was only 120 calories, not too shabby. I served the chicken over herb and butter rice with a side of carrots and side of french style green beans. I calculated the calories in the rice, carrots and green beans separately. Take a look at some pictures I took on my phone, below..

While the chicken was in the crock pot (excuse the poor lighting).. 


An up-close view of the chicken over rice  
...prior to being gobbled up

Well, now that I've shared my new recipe I hope that your family enjoys it as much as mine did tonight. I look forward to trying more recipes and maybe coming up with some more on my own.

Thanks for reading, have a good evening!
Hollie

No comments:

Post a Comment