"You by my side makes life's normal obstacles, hurdles and mountains seem like speed bumps and ant hills." -K

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

K-Love

I wanted to take a minute and share with you something that has made such a positive impact on my life in many capacities. That is, K-Love. For those of you who are unfamiliar, K-Love is a contemporary Christian radio station. On a daily basis, I choose to listen to K-Love both while I work and in my car. The testimonies heard will truly touch you and open your eyes to the many ways that God moves in our lives. The songs always seem to play at the perfect time for me and whatever is weighing on my heart or whatever I'm faced with, it's really amazing how I can turn this station on and instantly feel a calmness.

For any of you who are struggling, feeling overwhelmed, feeling as if you cannot take anything else or even those of you who feel your life is going as perfect as it can, I challenge you. I challenge you to take what K-Love calls the '30 day challenge'. That challenge is committing that you'll listen to nothing but Christian music for 30 days whether that's on CD's, your iPod, radio station, on the internet.. however you can access it, just listen to nothing but Christian music for 30 days and see what kind of impact it can have on your life.

Tonight, I have been listening/watching 'A Night of Hope and Healing', a concert available via livestream for the victims of the Sandy Hook tragedy just a day over a month ago. I'm telling you what, it has been emotional and tugged at my heartstrings many, many times. It's currently still going on as I'm typing this and will be on a little longer so if you're interested in catching some of it, access the link off the K-Love website at www.klove.com. I cannot begin to imagine what the families and friends of those taken way too soon are going through but I do know one thing and that is they have many, many people all over the world praying for them. Prayer is a powerful thing and I know that Jesus is going to watch over them and provide them comfort.

I hope that K-Love will impact your life as much as it's impacted mine and that you'll be open to the opportunity of it doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment