"You by my side makes life's normal obstacles, hurdles and mountains seem like speed bumps and ant hills." -K

Monday, March 26, 2012

C25K

I haven't ever been a fan of running but in the last 4 weeks, that has changed. A co-worker and I meet up during our lunch break which is a great break in the day for us since we work from home. We started out just walking and jogging when we felt like we could. Her and I are pretty much the same body build and at the same fitness level so we don't hold each other back but instead, push and motivate each other. After feeling like we could barely jog for half a minute and not feeling like we were accomplishing much, we decided to start the couch to 5K program.

For those of you who aren't runners but would like to start, I highly recommend this one. It's a walking/jogging program and I will provide information on where you can find the program details at the end of this post if you'd like to give it a try. Starting out, we could barely run a minute without feeling like our legs were just going to give out. Each day, it would get easier. Now, the run time is increasing and the walk time is decreasing. The start of the week is tough but like the beginning, it gets easier. Each completed day we feel so motivated and accomplished that we continue to push ourselves more and more. There have been a couple of 'road blocks' as we say and we've had to miss out on the program for a week here or there because of life issues but what's amazing is that now we're back on it - we can now run a straight 5 minutes. Sounds simple, I know but believe me - from week 1 of barely making it a full minute.. it's a HUGE accomplishment to run a straight 5. All in all, I am now a fan of running and without it.. I get grumpy and just feel yucky.

The program specifics can be found HERE. If you begin the program, I wish you great success and I'd love for you to let me know how it goes. Happy running! <3h

No comments:

Post a Comment