"You by my side makes life's normal obstacles, hurdles and mountains seem like speed bumps and ant hills." -K

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Idol Dish 02/29

Yup, it's that time of year again. Now that the 'oh so funny auditions are over, it's time to pick our favorites and uh' not so favorites. For me last night, my favorites from auditions are still my favorites. However, it's a huge cut this week so I'm not sure how confident I am that my favorites are also America's favorites.. guess we'll find out. My favorite semi-finalist guys are: Reed Grimm, Colton Dixon, Chase Likens, Phillip Phillips and HeeJun Han. I am undecided on Deandre Brackensick, Creighton Fraker and Aaron Marcellus. The performances last night just weren't all that great in my opinion so I'm a little on the fence but I'm hoping that was because it was opening night and nerves played a factor. Tonight, the girls had their shot at winning over America and like last night, I wasn't sold on the performances. I have to say, Mr. Tyler said it right about Skyler Laine, she's a pistol. I like her! I want to like Chelsea Sorrell so bad and pull for the home state gal but I am on the fence about her. I was teeter tottering during the auditions with her and I'm just not sold yet. I felt horrible for Baylie Brown, I loved her during the auditions but tonight was not good for her. Side note - I loved Brielle's dress, not sure how much I love her voice but that dress was super cute! I have to give props to my girl Hollie Cavanagh. She was a favorite of mine during auditions (not only because of her name either) and even through her nerves she killed her song. She's got to be one of my top picks for girls! I also thought Shannon Magrane sang her heart out and to be 16, she has got such a great stage presence. I hope she makes it past cuts as well! The girl is really won me over that I wasn't a huge fan of during auditions was Jessica Sanchez.. Man! She can sing! Closing out the show, Elise Testone also won me over and I loved the pretty flowers in her hair. All in all, it's gonna be tough tomorrow night for both the guys and girls. It'll be interesting to see if my top picks make it through. Idol season 11 has officially begun! <3h

No comments:

Post a Comment