"You by my side makes life's normal obstacles, hurdles and mountains seem like speed bumps and ant hills." -K

Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Unknown

Have you ever had to wait patiently for something and not know when exactly what you're waiting for would take place or occur? Have you ever had to go days, weeks, months or possibly even a year or more not knowing when you're going to see someone that you love dearly again? I have and it isn't something easy to go through. I am one who doesn't have much patience. Well, I guess in some ways I have patience but in others, I fail miserably.

I hadn't seen my niece Lana in years because when my brother and Lana's mom split up, they moved to Maryland while my brother remained here in NC. Knowing I was going to see her for the first time in a long time tonight, I experienced many emotions. I didn't really know what to expect but all in all, we had a great visit and I loved the time we shared. Giving hugs before she left was difficult because it goes back to not knowing again. Not knowing when I'm going to see her sweet little face, not knowing when I'm going to hug her and kiss her. Not knowing when Laekyn will get to see her cousin..












It's tough to remain positive in those times of the uncertainty. It's that way with Kasey and I as well right now, we don't know when we'll see each other again because currently, we don't have a trip planned but the thing that keeps us going is our faith. Our faith in our love and in each other.

That's what I feel is the best tool to survive the unknown.. by having faith. Have faith that you will see that loved one again and right when you're meant to, have faith that whatever you're waiting for, it will happen if it's meant to and if it's not, have faith that you'll know that as well. <3h

 "But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."
-Romans 8:25 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment