"You by my side makes life's normal obstacles, hurdles and mountains seem like speed bumps and ant hills." -K

Friday, February 17, 2012

Once Upon A Time

We were kids in a neighborhood located in King, North Carolina. In this neighborhood, most all of the kids were friends and would ride bikes, roller skate and walk up and down the roads of our neighborhood without a care in the world. Most all of the neighbors knew each other by first name and would watch out for each other. Growing up in this neighborhood, we (along with our siblings) spent a lot of time together. We both had that childhood crush on each other and we'd flirt (the best way a little kid knew how to) but it didn't ever amount to too much of anything. I was too involved in cheerleading and Kasey was too involved in basketball. After all, we were kids.

When we were around the age 11, my family moved to Lewisville, North Carolina while Kasey's family remained in King. As young kids and not having the social media networks that we have today, we lost touch. Years went by, our individual lives kept going. Then, on the oh' so lovely Facebook, Kasey's sister found my sister online, found me and sent me a message seeing if I was in fact 'the Hollie she cheered with from King'.. After that, Kasey and I became friends on there as well and it's not been the same since.

We began commenting here and there on each others' posts and pictures. Then, we began writing back and forth through the private messaging where we then exchanged numbers. Once we began texting and conversating through phone calls, we clicked. Kasey is currently living in Missouri while I am still living in good ole' North Carolina. Kasey had plans to come home and visit his family for Christmas and we discussed plans for us hanging out while he was in town.

To fast forward through all the minor details, once Kasey got in town I went to see him. I was so nervous driving to see this guy who I hadn't seen since I was 11, not knowing how things were going to go. I was that giddy, nervous little kid all over again. I pulled up, got out of my car and saw the door open. Out stepped that adorable face I remembered as a little kid only now, he was grown and handsome. He was still just as shy as I remembered him to be and I still swear to this day if I hadn't said something, we'd still be standing there in silence. Ha, oh a serious note.. we hugged and it was as if time stood still. We have literally been as inseperable as inseperable can be living 20 hours apart. Kasey has flown home a few weekends and he flew me to Missouri for a weekend that I will definitely be blogging about in the future.


This photo was taken on Christmas Eve, 2011 before we had to say our 'farewell for now'

All in all, I would have not ever imagined 16 years ago that I would be in love with my childhood crush. Things sure do have a way of working out and I look forward to making many more memories and seeing what the future holds. Our journey has been nothing short of a fairy tale so far and it's only the beginning... <3h

No comments:

Post a Comment